Solved

Part of Another Product

• 1 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

What is the proper process to use an asset that is currently listed as “Part of a Product”?

Looking at Where used, nothing is listed...

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 2 February 2023, 12:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Lindsay,

I have not tried this but perhaps you can update the item.item_status to ‘4’ instead of ‘5’ for this item via SQL.  After this it would be considered a missing/scrapped item which you can then return to inventory with a Miscellaneous Receive.

I would only do this on a copy of your database to confirm it does what you need:

UPDATE item
SET
item_status = '4'
WHERE item_id =
(
SELECT item_id
FROM item WITH(NOLOCK)
WHERE bpart_id = 'PS60-0024'
AND serial_no = '01626200005A'
)
AND item_status = '5';

I have not found a way yet to manage this from the UI itself at this time. but am inquiring.

It is possible to receive a missing/scrapped item into inventory with Miscellaneous Receive.

How to move scrapped/missing item from Removed Item to Inventory | IFS Community

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you, Phil! I was able to use the SQL script above and get the results that we needed. If by chance, there is a way to “fix” them through Alliance we would love to know. Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Lindsay,

I was informed this status part of another product comes from the product assembly process. If you look at the inventory log, you may see which assembly document was involved.

If there is one, you can see which part it is part of in the product assembly module and use product teardown to return it to stock

If nothing is shown, then it looks like the method we used with the SQL is the only way to bring it back.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you again Phil! I appreciate the additional info.