Solved

MobileEdge and Site access hour refresh

• 24 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi

We have a customer which is complaining that the site access hour are not refreshed in mobile edge..

The scenario is at first the customer site has no access hour defined (for example), There is a service order assigned to a mobile technician. On his mobile device the technician can see that there is no access hour defined in the module site details / acess hours this is ok.

Then in the back office the Access hours are updated on the site

.This information is not pushed to the mobile device , even if a new service order for this site is assigned to the same technician.

is it normal ? 

thanks for your feedback

Christophe

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 12 February 2024, 09:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I just tried this on QAC and you are correct it does not automatically push the changed site details.

However, you can use the search option in the Site Details screen and do an Advanced Server Search.  Find the site after filling in the site criteria and select it.  You will then get a screen like the following:

Click Yes and the site details are refereshed.

Then the updated site details were shown in the record:

I suggest logging a ticket for this anyway as perhaps it should push automatically and it might not update as the site details record already exists in mobile.  This should be reviewed, however at least this way you can get the updated details down to the client.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks Phil i will log a ticket, i was also think about changing the MOE -700 to pass it to 1 day (i will see with the customer if it’s also acceptable)

Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

That is an option but of course won't help if the work order needs the site details same day.  At least with the search, it is updated definitely.

I still think this should be reviewed as there is an MOE option for a notification involving site changes in the SERVER MOE which the text implies it will still be pulled down to the device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I see this was fixed in our ticketing system and will be going through QA for the next SU release.