Question

Mobile Edge Inventory look up

• 31 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi we are running 15.4.8 and the technicians when looking up materials are seeing stock rooms with 0 QTY in them. I would like it to only show Stock Rooms with an actual QTY in them. 

From what i have found the only thing is a MOE setting that appears to be what i need however changing it made no difference and the techs still see stock rooms with 0 qty’s. 

The MOE was -10175 Stop Downloading Inventory with Zero SOH Quantity (Default= False. True=Stop, False= Continue

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Aaron,

I was asked the same question from another customer and there apparently is not an option to PREVENT the view of 0 quantity for warehouse bins in the search results.

What we did ultimately was use the module Empty Bins Removal Batch to remove the bin-product relationships so the records do not exist.  They will be recreated again when receiving new quantity into the warehouse bin but then this will of course not be zero.

Note, this may have impact on the Stock Levels ordering process if you are using this as that relies knowing how much stock is in the bin that you may use through the Replenishment Orders process.

Otherwise, you could look to see if you could sort this list descending so the zero qty is reported at the bottom.

Badge +2

Thank you Phil for the speedy turn around, i will check out that module. 

Do you know what that MOE setting actually does then ?

The MOE was -10175 Stop Downloading Inventory with Zero SOH Quantity (Default= False. True=Stop, False= Continue

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If I recall correctly, it is to prevent downloading records for your VAN warehouse having zero quantity.  It is not for the stock search itself though which is looking at other warehouses than your technicians own warehouse.

Here is the snippet from the Alliance Mobile Edge Administration & Configuration Guide.

Badge +2

Thanks again that makes sense. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Aaron, is it also after upgrading to mobile v15.4.8.0 you encounter this behaviour and wasn’t it that way on a provious version ?

Hi Phil, we cannot use the Empty Bins Removal Batch removal because in our regional warehouses we don’t use Bins, all prodicts are in Default Good.

But I got confirmation from our field engineers that the 0 QTY download didn’t happen on Mobile before we upgraded to Astea v15.4 with Mobile v15.4.8.0. Can you please check again where the difference in behaviour comes from ? Is it a functional change or a BUG ?

Anyway, our fieldengineers keep complaining that the 0 QTY is too much information, very confusing and anoying because it is useless information.

Badge +2

HI PDesrumaux to be honest i am not 100% sure the as field techs haven’t said anything till recent. We also don’t use the bins so Phils work around didn’t work for us either, however i promoted the second option Phil mentioned to use the sort function as the recommendation. 

I will ask the teams if that is what they noticed also, if we could sort this it would be great maybe @Reid Gilbert  may know the previous versions behaviour.

Regards Aaron 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I took a look in the Maintenance Release notes and in the mobile code and I didn’t see any changes that could impact this functionality between 15.4.4.0 and 15.4.8.0, Phil is currently rolling back the build on the support server to see if it can be reproduced on the older version.
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

As a sanity check using the version information you provided which was Mobile Edge 15.4.4.0 which you indicated not seeing zero quantity in the search results, the below screen shows to me that 0 was coming through and displaying:

I don't see how it did not show a qty 0 with that version. I suspect the field engineers may be giving you information based on what they wanted or their perception instead of what was happening several months ago.  It still appears that there is not a filter applied to remove 0 qty values from the search results based on this testing.