Solved

Make Action Group mandatory on service orders

• 4 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We have a request from operations to make Action Group mandatory on all service orders (PM and UM). 

Is this doable, or are there obstacles that cannot be overcome?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 4 March 2024, 15:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

This is only for manually created orders from within the backend module?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Phil,

ideally this will be for all service orders. I see that we can define default AG on Item. Is there a way to cascade this down from Customer Contract?

I assume that if an Item is missing AG, it will fail when we try to create PMs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

What you can do right now is use Customizer to set the UI to make the field mandatory and save to the database.  Please see below for service order:

Same can be done for the Installed Item module.  The Execute On Server Option is to ensure other processes also check for validation in the back end, not just the UI screen.  The On Save New does the check when creating the document manually so you cannot Save & Continue.

I think this is what you are looking for and of course you can modify the conditions accordingly.  For example a specific Model or Product ID.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Phil

Will we run this through UAT (what? me test?) :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You’ll need to make the same change in the Mobile Customizer application (otherwise when the Create New Order API is processed on Alliance it will fail due to the missing data).  So try adding the Action Group field to the New Work Order view and set the Required toggle:

Thanks,
Reid