• 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

HI,

We have a use case with 3 PM schedule maintenance  for a same product: 

1/  Maintenance 1 :  each 6 weeks   problem code  A

2/  Maintenance 2 : each 3 months problem code B

3/ Maintenance 3 : 1 per Year  Problem code C
Each of them have the own pace, they are not linked in cycle.

For the Maintenance 1 : For example : I have this shedule : 02/01/24,  15/02/24,  etc each 6 weeks.
If for this planned date (02/01) , I finally run the MP the 15/01, i would like to automatically posponed the second date : 15/02 to 28/02.

We tried this PM Schedule maintenance, but it doesn’t work.

After the first MP Done, the second PM date, still at the same planned date.

What can be the best way to design this PM schedule ?
Why we cannot use the “Floating PM” with a schedule “Alone” ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 23 January 2024, 16:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

To answer last question why you cannot use the floating pm witch schedule Alone. From the documentation:

By design, it specifically states any other PM schedule lines will not be considered when using the Schedule alone.  To me, this means schedule line 1 should not influence the scheduling of schedule line 2 when a PM is executed on the schedule line 1 as they are treated apart.  It is always using the fixed PM dates in the ‘cycle’ for calculation so excludes floating.

They are mutually exclusive.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Phil Seifert 

Thanks for your help. Do you have an idea  for the use case, because I can’t find a way to manage this case of  PM scheduling with multiple problem code , each different by MP schedule?
I don’t know why by design we oppose floating and alone.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I can't think of a way… you can only apply a single PM schedule and the Floating PM option is defined at the header level, not the line level.  The application will only let you do floating PM if all of the lines are cyclical in nature thus you can't mix Alone with Cycle and still define PM as the Alone line will disqualify the selection during the validation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

I understood what you said, but I don’t understand why at R&D level we have made this choice.

It’s usual to have a monthly maintenance and a semestrial or annual maintenance for a same product and for the monthly maintenance if you miss a first date, you need to modify the next date (floating). Of course the semestrial or annual maintenance will not change.
If we could add many PM Maintenance for a product, it could be a way to solve that, but we can’t. 
Some process with legal maintenance like the lift sector have these constraints.

Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

This has the been the design for a long time and to change this would require a customization outside of standard per R&D.