Lookup Shortcuts

• 4 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just wanted to share a tip re/ data entry within Alliance.  When the focus is in a lookup field in Alliance, pressing F2 on the keyboard will launch the lookup window for that field.  While the lookup window is open, pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER on the keyboard will select the highlighted record and close the lookup window.

4 replies

Badge

For me (v14) - F2 works (to bring up the look-up window) but the Ctrl+Shift+Enter didn’t select the highlighted record.  What version does this come into effect?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

This worked for me with version 14.0.0.24, I was able to select an owner for a Service Order and fields in Product Center.  It worked for any field with a list of values (including custom fields) but not with a drop down box.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

For me (v14) - F2 works (to bring up the look-up window) but the Ctrl+Shift+Enter didn’t select the highlighted record.  What version does this come into effect?

This should be working in all versions of v14 - is it correct to assume you’re on a version later than 14.0.0.21? Perhaps try trying the Ctrl + Shift on the opposite side of your keyboard to see if there was a problem with the other keys?

Badge

This worked for me with version 14.0.0.24, I was able to select an owner for a Service Order and fields in Product Center.  It worked for any field with a list of values (including custom fields) but not with a drop down box.

We are on the same 14.0.0.24.  and Ctrl+Shift+Enter just put me back to the top of the list, it didn’t select the highlighted option or populate the field.  Agreed this F2 works with a list of values, but not with a drop-down box.