Solved

Is there a setting to control if Contract OOS shows the pricing calculator?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

We are using V15.4 and on the Contract Quotations and Customer Contracts OOS, I am not seeing the calculator next to the price field.  Is there a setting to show this or not?  I’m sure I have seen it in V15 before but today, creating several new quotes and contracts, I have not seen it at all.  It is always showing in V14.5

V15.4...

V14.5..

The billing is set to Lines Price, not fixed.

Thanks, Chris

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 18 June 2022, 11:57

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

I am going to look into this but one thing I know that impacts this is whether the contract is line priced or not.  I think it does not let you edit the price in a fixed contract.  I also don’t see a setting in workflow (contracts) either for this.

You have not added any Customizer customizations or Security Role special permissions in Security Setup to hide this element?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Thanks.  These are all set as Lines Price.

I tried this in the Web browser version and also the Employee Portal and both are the same.

Thanks

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

I discussed this with a senior business consultant and like me, he could not think of any options in the application to turn the icon availabilty on/off.  Even when contract is fixed price, it is visible and you can open the pricing dialog but cannot edit.

The only way I can think of to disable it is via Security Setup or perhaps Customizer.  I have sent the question to R&D.

I guess the next question is if you create a new contract so you are not looking at an exisiting contract that was upgraded, do you see this icon then?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

I tried creating a new Contract Quotation and it was missing.  I also tried creating a new Customer contract without the quotation and it was missing from there too.

It seems quite random, I did a search of some recently created and some migrated contract quotations and some have it, some not…

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

For the sake of completeness, I just created a brand new customer and site and Installed Item.  Then created a new Contract Quotation, not using a template but from scratch.  No calculator shows.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

Any chance these products are in a contract price book?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

No, all our PriceBooks are type “General”, we have none set as type “Contract”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

I received the response from R&D:

I’m not aware of any setting that allows to remove this calculator.

With this and the earlier responses, it seems there is not an option to remove this calculator option from the screen.

Phil

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

OK, thank you.  Not all of our users are seeing the same thing, so we will try to figure out what the differences are and then either fix that or raise a Support Request.

Thanks

Chris

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

After a LOT of testing I have found that I get this issue when using only some of our Contract Templates.  They all look to be set exactly the same, when viewed in the Contract Template Module but then I exported the list and noticed that the “bad” ones are not showing anything for “Lease” and “Meter”...

To change that I had to set them on and save, then back off and save.  then they exported correctly AND when I used them next time, the calculator was showing again.

No idea why these were different but at least now I have a way to fix them.

Best Regards

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

Glad you found the data issue causing the problem… so it seems to display the calculator there is some check against these columns which does not accommodate for a null value.  You may want to confirm if the original source database had the values as null so you can rule out the DB upgrade process caused the issue… I think they had to be wrong initially as this was working for some contracts and not others.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Yes the data is also wrong in our current V14.5 production but I guess the same checks are not done.

I’ll fix them all now, so at least they’ll come across correctly when we upgrade.

Thanks

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks, Chris.

I have alerted R&D to this as well so they are at least aware but we know the data is corrupted at the source.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

An update. I found the root cause of this issue.  I had imported some Contract Types a long time ago.  These two fields are set as “Not Mandatory” on the import sheet, so I had left them blank.  Not a problem in V14.5 but is a problem now, in V15.4.  Of course, the contract type gets used in templates and any contract created and brings with it those settings for “Lease” and “Meter”.

We have now fixed the Contract Types in current Production to stop any further issues being created, also fixed the Templates.  Now we just need to fix all the contracts and we are clear.

Thanks for the support

Chris