iOS 17 Operating System

• 19 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Apple recently started rolling out the iOS 17 Operating System...please note that the
iOS 17 Operating System is NOT YET CERTIFIED for use.

Mobile technicians SHOULD NOT UPGRADE to this operating system version at this time, please instruct your mobile technicians to hold off on upgrading until this version has been certified for use with Astea Mobile.​

I will update this thread once this update has completed the certification process.
Thanks,
Reid

5 replies

Badge +1

I am amazed to see this. iOS 17 has been in talks for more than 6 months now. Why did we not do this before and prepared with this update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Deepesh,
We perform testing on the Beta releases ahead of time, but Apple has changed things in the final Gold Master release on us in the past so we no longer do the certification on candidate builds...only on the official release.
Thanks,
Reid

Badge +6

@Reid Gilbert do we have any time frame ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Nazish,
If all goes well I would expect it to be completed sometime next week.  If I hear any issue reports in the meantime I’ll let everyone know.
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The iOS 17 Operating System is now certified for use with the standard Astea Mobile application, be sure to run an upgraded device through your test scripts if you have a customized environment to ensure that all of your custom code is working properly as well (then promote the OS upgrade out to the technicians devices).
Thanks,
Reid