Solved

Import 1st Count Sheep - Alliance

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Question from my team: is it possible to eaisly create an import for 1st Count Sheet?

We have played around a bit with the Import Template Wizard, but would love som pointers

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 2 May 2024, 16:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

This is an unusual question in my mind.  Not sure why you would want to initiate a count in Alliance and then have another system do the first count sheet entry.

We have not had anyone we are aware of doing this and even if it were possible, it might require Services time to create a custom import.

As I am sure you are aware, there is not a current import to perform such a task.

If the reason is to use inventory counting as a tool to do manual adjustments, there are already imports available to create manual adjustments which I suppose you could export existing stock level and then use that information to help populate the manual adjustment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

Following up on this and what you indicated in a separate communication to me:

• Inventory count in vans is great – they update the 1st count sheet direct
  • But the warehouses are counted by scanning the products into Excel (mind we have a lot of serialized products), and this sheet they want to import

I have relayed this information to R&D but to answer your question, there is not an easy way at this time to create an import for the count.  Also, not sure if you are aware but Alliance also supports using scanners (which essentially are treated by Windows as a second keyboard) to input data into fields as well so perhaps you can look at that instead of Excel?

If I have any feedback from R&D, I will let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

If you need the ability to import the 1st count from an Excel sheet, per R&D, this will have to managed through a custom request.  It is not something which can be done or will be developed from standard.