Solved

Error when saving changes to an Employee

• 28 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Trying to change the default Action Group for an Employee. Or doing any changes at all (here, trying to add a note). Never experienced this before: 

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 28 August 2023, 11:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

Looking at your data, it seems that you have a company also with this same ID.  This is a data issue unfortunately.

Why would you have a company ID with the same value as an employee?  The validation checks at this point are correct it seems to me as the company_id of 821 is used for a Vendor.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Phil. I see that some vendors are created… need to find out who and why. Sigh

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

After further investigation and dicussion… it seems that this specific validation should only occur when CREATING new records, not modifying existing records.  It should not be possible to create a person_id and company_id having the same value going forward from whenever this validation was created.

I have logged a ticket to resolve this situation for the issues where the records ALREADY exist and were most likely inserted by older versions.

The position they should not be allowed is valid but your situation occurred prior to the implementation of that validation.

I hope this clarifies.  It still is a data issue but we are going to see if we can help with editing the record created prior to the validation implementation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thank you, Phil. It looks like that data stems from a few years ago, with somebody checking out the possibilities of tracking items against vendors for warranty purposes. This is not used.

And the other fun part: the SA will have a new position coming Friday - so this may not be an issue after all. I will update the ticket accordingly