Solved

Email listener - Not in History or Inbound queu

• 6 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Messages sent to out incoming mail are being picked up bij the email listener services.

They ‘re placed in the processed folder in the mailbox.

But the messages don’t appear in the History of Error queue when i check the API Controller.exe on our utility server.

In the EMLS102 eventviewer logging i see it starts processing the message.

“ Run API Request On profile …..“

In the Eventviewer\Applications and services logs\Microsoft\Windows\MSMQ\End2End I see:

Message with ID {1a8a9206-cfee-44e2-abbe-40e6c6010695}\331799 was sent to queue DIRECT=OS:ap-dco64-uti.bel.centric.lan\private$\in_centric-live2_centric-live_in

Message with ID {1a8a9206-cfee-44e2-abbe-40e6c6010695}\331799 was put into queue DIRECT=OS:ap-dco64-uti.bel.centric.lan\private$\in_centric-live2_centric-live_in

Message received

But the message isn’t found in the API.

This happens for al messages sent to our mailadres.

It looks like it started after restarting the server (but that can be a coincidence.

I’ve tried restarting the EMLS service → nothing changed

I’ve tried restarting the Astea Alliance API (AsteaAlliance100) service → nothing changed

What else can i check or do?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 6 October 2021, 16:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Normally speaking, I would do what you did which is to restart the email listener service.  The API service restart would really only clear the inbound API’s at the time which have not been processed.

Further to this, there is the email_in_process table in the database, perhaps a mail is stuck there and preventing further mails from processing.

I understand this situation (you logged a ticket for this already) was resolved where you also indicated the ticket can be closed.  I feel it was likely resolved by the email listener service restart though took some time for it to be visible.

Kind regards,

Phil