Solved

Dispatch Console/DSE server address/settings v 15

• 14 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have moved a database from live environment (12.5) to UAT (v15). Dispatch Console is not working. In v12.5 I set the DSE server address under Dispatch Console Session - but where is it in v15?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 15 October 2021, 11:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Please see my previous post ‘Dispatch Console not connecting in Alliance V15’

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Lynn. I have tried that, and it did not help.

Dispatch Console worked before I attached new databases to the user profiles (copied from our live environment), so my gut feeling is that the address is incorrect.

In the database I find that dse_session.dse_server is 192.168.61.130 (the address for DSE-server in the live environment). Changing it to 192.168.61.99 (correct IP) + IISRESET does not solve this. Hmm

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Did you try putting the http:// in front of the IP address and saving changes?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Yes. I changed from UNC to IP as well (http was already in place)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

You don't define the server any longer in v15 like in v12.5.  It will always be using the server where the DSE service is running.

Of course, be sure to link the nodes to the desired DC session.

Is it that you are not getting a connection (Red) or error messages?  If so, restart the Astea Cache service which should also stop the DSE Service. 

Here is the link to the document Lynn-Grace referred to:

Dispatch Console not connecting in Alliance V15 | IFS Community

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Phil

I have attached the old UAT database, and DC works fine. But attaching the new DB DC crashes 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

For the record: I have created a new profile in UAT, and attaching the mentioned DB to it still produces the error

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

Ok, reviewing the situation… you took a version 12.5 database and using the database upgrade utility to bring it up to v15 base.

After this, did you execute the 15 SP2 DB scripts by running the 15.2 Alliance installer with a file named dbupgrade.txt in the same folder location so the 15.2 scripts are executed against the new database?

Same should also be done for the HF2 DB scripts and Waterlogic Customization scripts using the same process and dbupgrade.txt in that order.

Reason, I ask is that there are new columns added to some of the tables relating to the DSE / DC in the later scripts that were not present in the base 15 upgrade.

An example of a new column is 'assisted_disp_hours_ahead' which will cause DC issues if not present in the database.

I suspect these are available in your old database profiles which do work and not in the new database profiles that you just upgraded and perhaps did not run the additional scripts after bringing the database up to baseline v15.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks Phil

Running DBUpgrade for current version (15.2.0.1) and Custom version solved the issue.

I have to make one comment - I ran the imports based on the Database Procedures Guide. It could be helpful to have a sentence in about this.