Question

Date format in reports showing US format

• 17 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

In V14, the users could check the “Use Local Date and Time Format for Reports” checkbox to ensure the dates in reports were displayed properly based on their local region.

How do reports determine the date format to use in v15x?

I found this post from a few years ago but I am not sure this would work for us as we have users around the global and date and number formats need to display based on their region.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Katherine,

The Astea Browser worked in the past by taking the regional setting from the OS for the reports when you set this option.  The UI display also took it from the OS regional settings when IE started.

Now the display is managed by the browser’s own setting for language used for display and ignore’s the Windows OS regional settings.  This is a change to the how the UI display localisation is managed.

You might try experimenting with this while I will ask R&D if there is a more ‘direct’ replacement for that setting in the old browser in regards to reports.  I don’t believe there is but will still confirm it with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Katherine,

The closest thing giving you what you want is when you first log into the Web version of the UI in the browser, you can select the language in a drop down at the top.

Note the UI is now also in the specified language and when you run a report, it also has that regional formatting for the dates/times/numbers:

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Phil. 

Thank you for the replies. 

The UI is displaying the dates properly for my colleagues in the UK but the dates in the reports all show in the US format.  We have checked the browser settings and they appear correct.

Our users around the global use the English UI but their browsers will be set to their local languages.

The Service Order report generated by Mobile Edge is setting the dates in the correct format but when the report is generated in back office, the dates are in US format.

Microsoft Edge

Firefox

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Katherine,

When you are at the login screen, please select the language in the drop down.  I think in your case it is defaulting to English and not English UK for example.  This is at the top of the dialog box for login.

Then run your report in the Web Browser.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Phil,

This is what users receive when attempting to change the UI language.

Our users all use the English UI version but they change their Employee Language to one of the 13 we support.

Our Alliance and local customizations are only in English.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Katherine,

So, it sounds like you have not deployed the English UK language pack or it fails because your customizations to the UI are only for English (Website) and you do not have alternatives for the default English website.

The language defined in the user account has no bearing on this nor does the display language of the browser like I had hoped initially. 

At this point, you should log a support ticket to investigate what is deployed on your environment if you don’t have English UK website in the Alliance folder or you never received it developed any customizations for any language layer outside the default English website.

There is not a direct equivalent to that option from the old Astea Browser and the only way to change the backend report localization is through the drop down giving you the SYS167 error message when expecting both US and UK formats based on the users’ location.