Solved

data source consolidated email

• 8 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

With the workflow DC functionality we have the ability to use the function : data source consolidated email.

What is the best way to do that with process flow ? 

Do we have another solution to generate and to send an Excel file by email ?
For example, do you know a macro in API to simulate the export function of an excel file by email ? 

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 11 January 2024, 12:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

When you have the send email action defined on the Process Flow, you can consolidate based on one of the returned fields.

Also you can send SSRS reports as attachments to the emails.  See below from the Process Flow User Guide.pdf.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

Thanks for your answer.
SSRS is it still an option for SaaS installation ? 
Maybe I have a misunderstanding about this feature, but I thought that SSRS cannot be used with Saas Azure or require additional costs vs previous usages.

Thanks and Regards
anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I will have to check on this as I know SSRS is still supported in Alliance but as you mentioned there may be costs or other considerations if running on an Azure hosted environment.  This needs to reviewed with the technical solution architects what is possible or additional costs.

Still, please look at sending consolidated email from the process flow send email action when not using the SSRS Reports.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

Yes Thanks Phil we could use Consolidated Email in some use cases.
Here, I will have an Excel list from Alliance (List of installed items with various status) sent by email to people.
The key feature is really the ability to export by email (or  macro + API) an excel file.
With The Export function I can create a list (SQL query) to export, but then I would like to send it to technicians.
It’s a workaround, because initially they would like to have this list directly available in Mobility (cf question about Knowledge base)

Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Confirmed IFS still does offer SSRS reports on Azure hosted systems.  Of course, if your customer is hosted in Azure outside of IFS, you should inquire about pricing from your contacts managing the Azure hosting.

For an Excel macro, I have a response from the a services technical manager:

Customers can use process flow reports to attach the PDF version of the report to emails.  Another option would be to incorporate the data directly into email body.  I am not aware of any feature that attaches Excel file to the email.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

For this comment : another option would be to incorporate the data directly into email body.

Could you explain (R&D)  a little bit ? or giv an example ? we cannot use an xls file in the body ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony