Solved

Creating Loop in Checklist based on specific answer

• 12 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

HI,

We would like to create a loop in a checklist. We can do it if the answer list is YES/NO (standard astea answer list) only. 

WE would like to create a new answer list, and based on the answer to add new lines of the loop.

Is that something like that possible  in ASTEA V15.4 ? 

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 16 October 2023, 09:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I am checking with R&D but to clarify, you want to make your own checklist that has a specific loop already and then based on the answers, add new lines to the loop?

Can you provide a simplified example of what you are attempting to do?  I am not sure this is possible but want more clarity on the process desired.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Yes that’s exactly what we would like to do. I put a screen shot of what I would like. For instance we would like a custom annwer list shuch as “Pass/fail”, and if Fail add new lines with the questions of the loop (section again). 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You are looking to add the lines based on Pass/Fail of the section or just add the lines as conditional upon the previous answers which you know you can hide lines unless answered a certain way?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

We are looking to add the lines, based on Pass/Fail or True/False or OK/KO or whatever, of the section.

We succeed to do that adding a “validation value” ; for instance if we want to add the lines of the section once again if the answer is True, validation value needs to be True.

In case we use the Yes/No list, we don’t need to put an validation value.

Is that the right way to do that ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

Could you please see the working Repeatable step definition, using user-define Answer List, in checklist ID-Tire Swap- Activity on QAC.

If <validation value> is selected as checklist answer – repeatable section is added: