Solved

Configuration displayed in Service order

• 20 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

In Alliance we can set configuration for a customer site.
In a configuration we can add a product or a Installed Item.

Directly in the configuration viewer transaction, we can open a service order for an item of the configuration.

Based on that, could we saw/add the configuration ID or description on the service order as reference.

Then, the goal is to display this data in mobile edge (because we can’t see directly a configuration in detail site menu).

I tried to add a new field as computed lookup in a service order but I didn’t find the way to add this reference.
Is there a way to do that ?

rem : I know that a Installed Item could be in a many configurations, but in the use case where we create the service order directly from the configuration viewer transaction, we could expect that this data is “populated” in the order.

Thanks and Regards

​​​​​​​anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 8 February 2023, 14:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

If I understand what you want, it is to view the Reference from the service order on the work order in mobile, specifically this field?

So you have this field populated as a result of the configuration builder/viewer but in any case, it really does not matter how it gets populated, you want to be able to see this field in the mobile work order?

If I populate 'My reference field’ in this field and then send the work order to mobile, I do see it in the overview:

If this is not what you thinking of, please provide more details and perhaps screen shots to illustrate so we can advise more accurately.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Phil,

sorry for the delay,

I try to better explain the use case with screenshots.

I create a Service Order from the screen Configuration viewer

Then, I would like to have in the service order the Configuration descriptionas a “reference” (no link with refno)
I know that we don’t have it in standard, but I tried to add a cst field with “reference” to the configuration name (descr) , but I didn’t succeed .
Do you know a way to add this field in the service order ? 

Thanks and Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Ok, you want to have the Ville de Versaille from your example screen appear in the service order.  I am taking a look.

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I don’t think this is possible.  It seems the query to show the service orders linked are based on the item_id and company_id.  This means I could have two configurations involving the same item & company associated and thus both configurations would be valid for a single service order.

See the example below of two configurations (Phil-System & Phil-System2 to the same customer and item:

Note both configurations displayed the same item and same service order though I only created the single order from the Phil-System configuration.

Similar situation would occur if I create a second order for the same customer and item, both orders would appear in both configuration views.

There is no direct link between the two scroller results seen and then back to the main configuration which the information you are looking for is kept in the sysh table.

I think to have something like this work, you really would need to have the sysh.sysh_id populated into a column for the service order to link it back to the specific configuration or or better populate the configuration name in a new column when the configuration viewer is used to create the order.

Both of these would be a code changes which cannot be handled Customizer in my opinion.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Phil,

OK it’s clear, Thanks for your help and time.

Regards

anthony