Question

Can you use SLA Tracking Alarm on a Customer Support order

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi All,

I think I might be asking the obvious here, but just wanting to know if you can setup an “SLA Tracking” Alarm on a Customer Support order?
It seems to me you can’t, because when you select ‘Event Type: SLA Tracking’ for a new alarm, the document type defaults to ‘Service Order’, as in the screenshot below, which you can’t then change (to Customer Support doc type).

And also, looking at the sp_alarm_so_sla_tracking stored procedure, it seems that the document type in the alarm table, must match the order_type_id in the order_line table, which it won’t, because the alarm will be ‘service_order’ doucment_type, but the Customer Support order in the order_line table will be a ‘helpdesk_order’ order_type_id.

I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t be able to SLA Track Customer Support orders, when they have SLA’s.

Oh yeah, and we are an Alliance v12.5 site.

Am I understanding this correctly?
Is it possible to somehow SLA Track Customer Support orders?

Cheers
Mark.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Mark,

The Alarms module has had this limitation from the very beginning that SLA Tracking could not handle the Customer Support document.  In the current version v15 it is still the limitation.  However, I have heard that the Alarms will be deprecated in a future version of v15SP4 because Process Flows, introduced in v15, can handle more cases with better control of the data retrieval for specific cases. 

Alarms can handle event type SLA Tracking Max Time for Document Type Customer Support.  I hope this helps you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Mark,

The Alarms module has had this limitation from the very beginning that SLA Tracking could not handle the Customer Support document.  In the current version v15 it is still the limitation.  However, I have heard that the Alarms will be deprecated in a future version of v15SP4 because Process Flows, introduced in v15, can handle more cases with better control of the data retrieval for specific cases. 

Alarms can handle event type SLA Tracking Max Time for Document Type Customer Support.  I hope this helps you.

Thanks for the info Jacques.
With a slight tweak to the stored procedure . . . specifically, commenting out the part of the where clause (highlighted below) that compares the Alarms document type, with the actual documents document type in the order_line table, it could work for customer support orders.
Of course I realise that as a customer, that’s not something I should do, but, it would enable what I’m wanting.

Is there a particular reason for that part of the where clause, specifying that the document types must match, thus preventing it from working for customer support orders?

cheers

mark.