Question

Batch Manager Stuck

• 3 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We have a number or reports, etc. set up in our batch manager schedule queue. Over the weekend (10/2/2022), these seemed to come to a halt. They are all in a “processing...” state and did not recover to run reports today either. Is there a way to reset this? Or trigger the queue to move to the next applicable date? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Leann,

You should contact the IFS Alliance support team, ask them to take a look and potentially restart the Astea Batch Manager services on the servers they are currently running.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

I have restarted the Astea Batch Manager service on your server.  Batch jobs appear to be executing but there seems to be many errors in the event log which I think your support representatives should take a look.  I might suggest an IISRESET which should be scheduled.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Phil Seifert , 

Thank you, that did seem to trigger the restart of the individual jobs, but they seem to be getting stuck in the same place. I opened a support ticket on this yesterday, so I will request an IISRESET there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thank you for the update…

I take it that these batches were working fine up until Sunday and there were no new deployments or changes to anything (servers, batch job definitions, etc.).

I did note lost sessions in the event logs (or session not found errors) which is why I thought an IISRESET would be advisable.  I did not do this myself as I don't know your operational times and I am in Europe so did not want to conflict with your busines operations and is why I recommended you work through the support team to make the arrangements.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The status of “Processing” will need to be reset by IFS support via a SQL script.  Unfortunately if the batch job is unexpectedly terminated in any way, the status is not reset and remains in “Processing...” status even if there is nothing actually being processed.

In the past, when we have this issue, the we have to write a SQL script to manually change these stuck processes to “Failed” status.