Solved

Auto-Fill not correctly adding products to a contract OOS

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, we are using V15.4

We have found an issue when creating a Contract or Contract Quotation, when adding products to the Obj. of Services (OOS).  In V15, once you start typing in a field, the auto-fill feature offers you matching products and you can select what you want from the list and it seems to add the product BUT we have found that it does not really add it properly, only looks like it did.  To properly add the product you MUST also click the elipsis (...) and then select it in the pop-up.

If you don’t select it properly, you only find out when you run the PM Batch Scheduler and you find that all of the products not added properly, do not get added to the Service Orders.

I think it will be necessary for me to open a support request for this but my question for now is: Is there any way to turn off the auto-fill, to stop it suggesting matching choices?  Then we can avoid the issue until fixed.

If so, can this be set per module or would be a global switch off?  Is it controlled in Alliance or is a web browser setting?

Thanks

Chris

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 10 March 2023, 12:07

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Chris - you say you add a product to a contract. But you can’t do PMs to products, only to items (I am pretty sure). 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Bjørn,

Correct.  We add all the items to the contract and then attach the products to the items.  Then when we run the PM Batch Scheduler it creates the Service Orders with all the associated activities (actually this is part of our customization to automatically add the activities associated to the products).

This issue above does not connect the products fully, so the activities do not get created for those products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

There is not an option to prevent the auto-fill drop down from occurring when starting to type in a value.  I am concerned any attempt to disable this (if it were possible) would affect ALL modules and field lookups.  It is an inherent design to the application for the ease of use.

Yes, you should log a ticket for the issue you experience with not populating correctly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I need to test this - thanks for the heads up, Chris

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

I would be happy to turn it off for all modules at the moment.  The problem is that the users have no way to tell that it is wrong.  I have opened a ticket already (US0070458@@1).

Bjørn, the issue is that ccontl.table_name in CCONTL, is missing a value for those lines (should be populated with ‘bpart’)

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Chris. Very useful.

I have my minion looking into it, and will report how our 15.4 environment does

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

You may be happy to turn it off but I don’t think there is a way to do it even globally. It looks to be a element definition in the website that is not controlled by an option.

I was only expressing my concern for the other modules/fields.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Just an update: this behaviour is not found with the setup we have. ccontl tables looks fine, and PMs are produced as expected

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks Bjørn, so this seems to indicate that we have an issue in our customizations perhaps.  Useful to know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Chris, I tested this as well in my support environment, but I am unable to reproduce the issue.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I logged a support request and we received a fix for this, so it is working as expected again now.  It was a problem with our customization.

Thanks to the support team for the very fast response, very impressed.