Solved

Astea API - Get a list based on criteria

• 12 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey all,

I am trying to make an API call in Astea to retrieve all items that match a certain criteria. I can currently get 1 item to be retrieved sucessfully, but not all items.  Ideally, I would like to get my information from the top level of Installed Items so that I can retrieve other data in a single call.

The current call I am making which gets me a single item returned in the results:

<root xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">
<session email="" alias="">
<state bc_name="item_installed">
<action name="getdescrtable">
<attribute table_name="item_inst" key_name="ce_pref_comm" key_value="E" element_name="ce_email_id" default_value=""/>
</action>
</state>
</session>
</root>

Ideally I would like to call something like:

<root xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">
<session email="" alias="">
<state bc_name="item_installed">
<action name="export">
<attribute bo_name="main" key_name="ce_pref_comm" key_value="E" columns="item_id,serial_no,tagno,ce_pref_comm,ce_email_id,cc_cconth_id"/>
</action>
</state>
</session>
</root>

I have had a look at the ‘ExecQueryNoLimit’ action, but I am struggling to figure out the ‘query_name’ I should use.

I can make multiple other calls without issue, so this is more around knowing exactly will call to make.  I should also note that we are running a Cloud instance on version 14.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Christophe 14 September 2022, 09:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello what we do in that case we look at in Alliance if there is a scroller which display the data needed , we use the debug mode and then we are able to fin the query to use. this need to be handle with caution as you could retreive a lot of data, so for exemple i think the” installed item qbe” is what you are looking for the debug mode will give you the entity_name = ‘item_installed’ and the query_name “item_installed_scrl” you can add the argument in your API

Execquery will retreive the data from the database so the cc_ column will not be part of the retreive

Badge

Christophe,

Thanks a bunch for the information.  Finding the ‘query_name’ for me has resolved 90% of the issue I was having. The rest can be resolved by sending a secondary query against a filtered list.

In regards to the debug mode, are you talking about “IsDebugMode”, “IsDebugModeFW” and “IsDebugModeIDO” from the Global.xml?

Greatly appreciate the info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Andrew,

In regards to your  question about debug mode Christophe mentions, he is referring to isDebugMode for the profile you are using in the global.xml.

This can be enabled/disabled without requiring IISRESET via Configuration Editor. Once enabled, the application writes Info events to the profile event log which contain the queries sent to the database.

it is not recommended to leave this enabled long on a production system due to performance. If you do this, only enable for while you require to capture all events. Better still would be to do this on an UAT system instead of Production as usually there will be fewer concurrent actions going on than normally the case in Production  

I suggest clearing the event log just before taking the action so you do not have to review as many events