Solved

Approval process and Replacement (backup : I Replace / Replaced By)

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi

I would like to know what are the process who are working with I Replace or Replaced By.

For example : for an approval process for quote, could we use these data ? 

or is it only for the automatic SA assignment  process ?

Thanks and Regards

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 21 September 2023, 15:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Generally, the I Replace option allows the user whose is defining the I Replace to indicate they are replacing a person who is now absent due to vacation, illness, etc.

So, if you are User1 and the approver is User2, you would use I Replace to say you will be doing the approvals normally sent to User2 during that time period.  I (User1) Replace User2 from 1-Sep 2023 to 30-Sep-2023.

Please also note, you could set up approval action groups who can do the approvals and assign a list of users as a team to handle the requests so you don't have it go to only a specific user.  This is more common in larger deployments to have basically teams doing the approving.

The other option Replaced By is the other way around but for Alarms.  Say, you are going on holiday but someone still needs to get the alarms that something need to happen.  You would define your replacement.

Note if you are using a process flow to manage an alert you can define a list of recipients on the process flow who should receive the notification.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks @Phil Seifert 

We could set the “replace” data in the My profile screen and it works for all approval process (not only timesheet for example). Correct ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

In your example, you specificied TimeSheetApproval.  I have not looked at this in depth but checking the drop downs, you have other options as well I am sure.  The idea behind this would be perhaps you might want different persons doing different types of approvals.

If you don't populate it, I would think it would do ALL approvals you would normally be involved.

In QAC, I did a lookup and the approval process seems to be restricted to whatever approvals you have set up so it is more than just time sheets.