Solved

Alliance State/province and GIS configuration

• 2 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

I would like to use a customer geographical segmentation in the table State/Province (Segmentation in four areas for example :  East/West/South/North). 

1/ is it possible ?
2/ In this case, what could be the GIS Rule settings in Editor configurator (no control on state) ?

3/ French states ID
It seems that in some cases, Alliance validate the address against a “Google” segmentation of states?
But for some french states we have addresses invalidated because states are not existing….but I think that french states contains invalid characters for Alliance like : 

• Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
  • Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes

and the result is : impossible to have validated address when we want to use GIS Rules for FR.

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 2 January 2023, 19:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

If I understand you correctly, you have an issue when you submit an address to Google via GIS where Google returns a state which is not known in your database profile.

For this, I would think you would use the UpdateState01 setting to prevent the state from populating/displaying in the address lookup.  The opposite of not sending the state to Google is managed with UpdateState02.

What this means is to add FR to the ExpectedValue field in the UpdateState01 and you should not be receiving a state back from the address validation.

There was a similar discussion around this when another customer was importing customer site contacts which also had problems with the state during importing with validation enabled.  You may want to take a look at this discussion:

Error on State when importing site contacts in Astea v15.3.0.1 | IFS Community

As to your first question, I don’t believe there is something that would manage segmentation of the country by another system other than states/provinces/zipcodes.  I suppose you could try to set up State/Provinces with these values (for example I know a couple of customers who did something like

• State/Province = BE-VAN
  • Description =  Antwerpen
  • Country = BE

but they won’t be used by Google for validation since you should turn off state output to Google via UpdateState01.  In your case, E-FR, East France, FR with the state options turned off.  Note, Google will most likely return the GIS location codes based on the zip code if you are not supplying states.

To avoid taking in the state from Google, use UpdateState02 to have the state filtered from the returned results.

Hope this helps.