Solved

Alliance - Send a invoice pro forma by email 15.4

• 1 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi

On the last release (15.4) , on a service order Resolve tab> complete order : when I click on “print preview” an invoice pro forma is generated. how can I send it by email ? 
It was possible to do that with the smart client with the option mail (see below), but I can’t find the way to do that with the web back office.

Thanks and Regards

icon

Best answer by Joshua Liem 4 April 2022, 10:01

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I agree with you that there is not a way to send directly from this screen.  You can however do the save as, select PDF and it will then open it in a PDF viewer application.  In my case, it opened it in Adobe Acrobat Reader and I could save it to my local system and then mail it from there.

Once in Acrobat Reader, there is a mail icon which I used to create the email with the report attached.  You will still have to insert the email address to send the document.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Anthony,

Have you tried Customer Orders Billing (trial run)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Joshua,

Good idea to get the application to send directly to an email address though not from within the view itself.  Please take into consideration the user may not have access to the billing batch module (say it is a 1st level support person).

Thanks!

Phil

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert  @Joshua Liem 

I come back to you on this topic, in order to see with R&D if the option of email in the SV transaction could be possible (in an update) or if there is a technical blocking issue due to the web or other.

Billing users of the customer in charge of checking SV for financials, checklists, comments, etc.. would like to remain in the transaction for this step.

Thanks and Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Anthony,

I will ask R&D your question and see if they have any plans to allow email out from the preview in a standard release.

Kind regards,

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I have a response from R&D:

The Active reports web report viewer, which is implemented with Microsoft asp.net MVC technology, doesn’t provide email functionality. The web report viewer is a separate web site without Astea’s web framework and to add our communication center, we need to add all our web framework. This is a huge dev project. Therefore, it was decided not to add this functionality to the web viewer.

So, only options to send out the report from Alliance by email is to use the Trial Run option in the billing batch as suggested by Joshua or to save the pro forma as I suggested to send from your local email client.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Phil

Thanks for your support. It’s clear for the R&D position linked to the Microsoft technology.
I assume that we could use this answer for all transactions where an email could be sent.  
For example, the Reprint Invoice transaction, when you do “Report” , it’s the same behaviour.

Regards
anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Correct… anything that is giving you the UI presentation so yes it would impact Reprint Invoice with the same limitation or service order report.