Question

Alliance 15.4.7 export in xlsx vs xls

• 25 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

After updating to SU7, all of our scheduled reports are being distributed as xlsx. When we try to open them, we receive errors that the file is corrupted. If we run the reports manually and export to xls instead, they open correctly. We have tried scheduling a couple of new reports using the Excel spreadsheet option (it doesn't specify file type at this point) and have confirmed they are all emailing as xlsx documents. Is there a way to schedule for xls instead? Or is there a way to format the report to open correctly as an xlsx?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Don’t know it this help to solve your issue but you can set the office version in the configurator editor

if set to Office2003 the export from Alliance will be done as xsl if you set to office  2007 it will be done as xlsx

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Unfortunately, I do not have these options under Configuration Editor, maybe that’s because we are hosted?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Leann,

That is correct… the web employee portal does not give you access to this section of the global.xml settings which are not in the profile.  The Web Employee portal configuration editor provides you access to the profile settings, not the General setting.

However, there is no reason you cannot ask Support to set your configuration to Office 2003 as suggested by Christophe.  They can ask the hosting group to make this change for you at a time which is convenient as I don’t recall if this requires a restart or not.

My suggestion is ask Alliance Support to do this to your UAT system first and see if this achieves the results you are looking to have and if so, modify the setting on Production.

Hope this helps.