Question

15.4.3 User permissions for Action Groups in multiple Nodes.

• 24 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Is there a method where you can have a user with permissions to 2 nodes and restrict what action groups they have visibility of for both back-end visibility and in the Dispatch Console?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Unfortunately, Alliance does not have that level of security which can be applied to action groups.

It would need something like the security used for warehouses which can be granted to specific users.

Once you grant users acces to a node, they have access to all the entities within that node with the exception of any warehouse security.

Badge +2

Thank you Phil 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Perhaps you could create some sub-nodes and control it that way by splitting the node to separate, smaller, levels. So for example, below Node 1 you could have Nodes 1a and 1b and then just grant permissions at that lower level to some users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

I also thought about differentiating via Nodes but wouldn’t there be an issue where the customers are on Node 1 and not accessible to the users who are assigned to action groups on Node 1B (say this is the restricted node).  Unless they are willing to also reassign all the customers’ nodes, I see this might cause a problem.  You would get warnings when the agent is assigned from the action group they are unable to access the selected node, no?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Yes, you’re right of course.  We tend to give our SA’s wider access than back-office users because they only have access to the jobs we assign to them anyway, and they often travel between areas, so it easier for us to give them more access by default.

Back-office users we tend to restrict more, but not too tightly.

I guess we would need more details of what Aarons needs to achieve to know what might work best.