Solved

Where to provide general improvement feedback/suggestions?

• 3 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 87 replies

Hello, is there anywhere specific to provide general improvement suggestion feedback about IFS?

I’m talking about things that aren’t bugs per se and don’t really count as support cases but rather suggestions that could make IFS better - a suggestion box.

icon

Best answer by KristenGastaldo 6 July 2020, 13:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Garak,

There exists an idea wall that can only be reached by partners and IFS employees. So you will have to explain your thoughts to one of them who should be able to insert the idea. It's just a wall as filled with sticky notes, there is no mandatory thing for R&D to pick up an idea. Sometimes a number of readers support the idea, in some situations more action is taken.

Hope this is enough,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Garak  - We’ve talked about launching ideation within this community as well, but aren’t quite ready to do so. We want to make sure we have the capacity to review and evaluate all the ideas that would come in before we ask for them. When we have a policy in place and are ready to launch, I’ll announce on the community!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Garak  - We’ve talked about launching ideation within this community as well, but aren’t quite ready to do so. We want to make sure we have the capacity to review and evaluate all the ideas that would come in before we ask for them. When we have a policy in place and are ready to launch, I’ll announce on the community!

That’s cool. 
I’ve had a couple people say the next version of IFS “apps 11” is going to just be web-based/Aurena and development is focused here. In that case is there any value in providing feedback on the IFSEE client if it’s going to be phased out soon?

Userlevel 7

That’s cool. 
I’ve had a couple people say the next version of IFS “apps 11” is going to just be web-based/Aurena and development is focused here. In that case is there any value in providing feedback on the IFSEE client if it’s going to be phased out soon?

That's correct, IEE will be deprecated with IFS2020R1, however if your idea isn't very IEE specific it wouldn't hurt sharing it. It may take a different form in Aurena, but could still be good input.