Solved

Print problem in IFS APP 7.5

• 2 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

ich have a customer who uses IFS App 7.5 to print reports. Everything worked fine until the user received a new computer running on Windows 11.When a report from IFS is printed following error appears:

Error encountered loading library RDWI15.DLL.

The printer ist installed correctly and office documents can be printed normal.

Did someone face the same problem?

BTW all priviliges are set correctly.

Best regards

Kai

icon

Best answer by Technical Toby 5 June 2023, 16:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear @sudenn 

IFS 7.5 is written with centura framework technology.

This is actually quite outdated in modern systems and I guess no longer available. As Windows 11 is definitely not in the list of supported Systems you may try to check this:

What is rdwi15.dll file?

The rdwi15.dll file is a legitimate executable file that is commonly found in d:windowssqlwindowsframeworkv1.5.1. This file is associated with the Centura Team Developer , developed by Centura Software Corporation , MD5 signature : f05aff3d59ad442e6631d28e151e8b15 . .

The rdwi15.dll file is typically located in the d:windowssqlwindowsframeworkv1.5.1 and has a file size of around 1629184 (byte). This file is required for the proper functioning of applications that use the Centura Team Developer. When an application requires this file, it will be loaded into memory and run in the background.

You can try to extract the file from an older system or download it from the web. No guarantee on that, but here is an example I found.

https://www.pconlife.com/viewfileinfo/rdwi15-dll/

Attention: Never trust sources from the web without having a second view on it.

Hope this somehow helps.

Or ask the customer to upgrade to IFS Cloud ;)

Take care,

TT

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Many thanks dear Toby - i sent the file to the customer and will let you know the result. Hopefully i’ll get him to the cloud 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Unfortunately it didn’t work.

Best regards

Kai