Solved

Order Delivery failed in Release Update Studio 23R2 (Verifying of solution set)

• 13 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 26 replies

Hi all,

We are upgrading IFS Cloud from 22.1.23 to 23.2.3 though Release Update Studio.

We followed all steps mentioned in documentation but Order Delivery is failing during the verification of solution set :

Wed Mar 13 13:07:21 GMT 2024 Start _ifs_ant_generatedb.sh clean

DELIVERY=/opt/ifs/build-delivery/InstallationFiles

/opt/ifs/build-home/ifsinstaller/utils/validate-solution-set-file.sh deliveryPath=/opt/ifs/build-delivery/InstallationFiles buildHomePath=/opt/ifs/build-home

INFO: Verifying of solution set started.

ERROR:

Found component(s) in <delivery> and/or <build_home> that is not defined in the solutionset file.

Update the solutionset file, or remove the component(s) from <delivery> and/or <build_home>.

rcmint

fltpln

fndbot

INFO: Verifying of solution set failed.

Wed Mar 13 13:07:21 GMT 2024 Stop _ifs_ant_generatedb.sh Validation of solutionset file failed.

What are those 3 components : rcmint, fltpln, fndbot ?
They are not present in 22R1, they are not listed in solutionset.yaml in our Customer Solution Repository.

Should I add them in solutionset.yaml as 3 lines with false status ?

Regards,

Henri

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 13 March 2024, 16:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@HDAL I had a similar issue while upgrading to 23R2.2 with components evelog and sklmgt that were missing in the solutionset.yaml file. I have added those components as true, committed the changes in the release update branch and then I was able to order the environment. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you @Marcel.Ausan 
Just for my understanding, did you decide this “on your own” or were advised by IFS to do so ? ;-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@HDAL  you should raise a ticket with IFS to make sure nothing is wrong with your solution set. Be persistent that they should check. In theory you should never touch the solutionset as it is “IFS” generated. So just run it with support and they will fix it for you. 

@Marcel.Ausan  is right you could do it yourself but its not advisable as you never know what history your solutionset has etc.  

So with your beloved support it should be sorted out!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank You @kvbe,
Don’t worry, a case as been opened in // on IFS Support Portal too ;-)

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@kvbe in my case Event Log (evelog) and Skill Management (sklmgt) were new components introduced in 23R2 and my client has the Service/Asset solution set, so those components should have been set to true.

Anyways, my understanding is that even if you set something to true in solutionset.yaml, it doesn’t mean the component is activated if it’s not part of the license. In our case, both evelog and sklmgt were part of the licensed components and come in very handy since we started looking at Request Mgmt functionality.