Solved

IFS TouchApps installer fails with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

• 19 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I recently tried to install a Touch Apps server in my Apps 10 (UPD6) test environment, and continually received an authentication error even though we have confirm IFSMOBILITY user is active and password is correct. Once I cancelled the installation and tried to re-run, I not get the following immediately upon “Run as Administrator” on RAS installer:

icon

Best answer by Chathuranga Samarakoon 20 May 2021, 14:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@woprhowe Did you checked on Runtime user. please use below to find the TAS installation guide.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/030_touch_apps/010_touch_apps_server/

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@woprhowe I’ve also seen a similar thing happen when the application server URL had a trailing space, but we fixed it in a later update. Can you double check that your your URL’s are correct and exact, with no leading or trailing spaces etc.? if they already are, can you attach a screenshot of the inputs before you encountered the error please?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I appreciate both of your replies @rukflk and @Chathuranga Samarakoon , but I get this error immediately upon re-launching the installer (before the dialogs listed in your responses). I have verified that the users TASRUNTIME, IFSMOBILITY and IFSTAS are all unlocked and reset the passwords, then verified each using “connect” within sqlplus. I feel like the initial “cancelled” installation has left something behind that does not allow the installer to re-start. Does anyone know where the TAS installer places its configuration files? Do I need to delete the “site” prepared in IIS by the first attempt at installation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@woprhowe yes, please remove the site and the files in TAS installation folder as below.

C:\inetpub\<IFS Touch Apps Server>

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

This error was solved by first deleting the files for the site (i.e. “C:\inetpub\IFS TouchApps Server”, then in IIS Manager, “Remove” the site.

Thanks for the help and I will soon be posting my next problem while installing TouchApps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@woprhowe glad to hear that you problem got resolved. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

yes, but I still cannot get past a login failure using “IFSMOBILITY”, even though the account is unlocked and password has been verified. The “test connect” works just fine using the app owner, but I will post this in a separate thread.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

yes, but I still cannot get past a login failure using “IFSMOBILITY”, even though the account is unlocked and password has been verified. The “test connect” works just fine using the app owner, but I will post this in a separate thread.

yes , please …