Solved

IFS Cloud 23R2 - new component IFSAPP Docman ESign

• 29 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi!

We deployed IFS Cloud 23.2.0 into our environments. We see a new Kubernetes deployment named "ifsapp-docman-esign". We tried to find out if we need this component or not. If not we would like to disable it in config file "ifscloud-values.yaml".

I couldn't find any documentation in TechDocs (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/) or in IFS Community.

Can someone provide a link to docs or some docs for this component?

What is it for?

Regards
Tobias

icon

Best answer by jporter 31 December 2023, 16:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@tobias.durai
In this post, @Mathias Dahl shared a link to a document that has a one-sentence description to the functionality.

I haven’t seen anything more in-depth yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply.

It’s quite hard for me to believe that there are no “official” technical docs available for a component which is ready for production. But at least for us I think we can disable the component for now.

Regards
Tobias

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

It looks like we have missed mentioning the new container in the technical documentation. At the very least it should be mentioned here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/070_remote_deploy/010_installing_fresh_system/010_planning_installation/007_middle_tier/010_overview/#scaling_and_high_availability

We will correct this ASAP and also make sure to describe it in other related pages.

In the meantime, what I can say is that you will need this container only if you have bought and are planning to use the new Electronic Signature feature in IFS Document Management which uses Adobe Acrobat Sign to send documents for signing. If you are not going to use that, you can safely disable it.

Thanks!

Badge +1

@Mathias Dahl  I have been looking through the  documentation and have one question.  Is it a requirement that all that need to sign documents need to have an IFS licence  or could this functionality be used  to send  documents to be signed by external parties not having an IFS licence?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mathias Dahl  I have been looking through the  documentation and have one question.  Is it a requirement that all that need to sign documents need to have an IFS licence  or could this functionality be used  to send  documents to be signed by external parties not having an IFS licence?

It's only the IFS user (the person who sends the document for esigning )that needs an IFS license. "External" participants, or even internal (same company) that are not IFS or Docman users, don't need any IFS license to use this functionality. The functionality not be very useful if we required every third-party person/participant to have an IFS license 🙂

I hope this answers your question.