Solved

IFS Application Vs. IFS Cloud or Aurena version

• 4 December 2022
  • 4 replies

What are differences between IFS Cloud and IFS Aurena?
Is IFS Cloud a feature or a version`s name?
When we have IFS Aurena it is mean that we have IFS Cloud too?
How to get some information about IFS Aurena? (Features vs. IFS Application,...)
Is it a recommended method to migrate from IFS Application to IFS Aurena/Cloud?
For further information: We have already used IFS Application and after noticing that this version will be Expired in the next two years, we want to migrate to Aurena or Cloud Version.

icon

Best answer by anmise 4 December 2022, 16:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What are differences between IFS Cloud and IFS Aurena?
Is IFS Cloud a feature or a version`s name?
When we have IFS Aurena it is mean that we have IFS Cloud too?
How to get some information about IFS Aurena? (Features vs. IFS Application,...)
Is it a recommended method to migrate from IFS Application to IFS Aurena/Cloud?
For further information: We have already used IFS Application and after noticing that this version will be Expired in the next two years, we want to migrate to Aurena or Cloud Version.

IFS Cloud is the product name, and IFS Aurena was the name of the new user interface. The previous version of the application was called “IFS Applications” and the user interface was called Enterprise Explorer. When it comes to the IFS Cloud releases, you could use IFS Cloud or IFS Aurena interchangeably, but with IFS Applications 10 it gets a little bit more tricky, as that had both Enteprise Explorer (IEE) and IFS Aurena. 

Product User Interface Version name
IFS Application 9 IFS Enterprise Explorer (IEE) 9
IFS Applications 10 IFS Enterprise Explorer and IFS Aurena 10
IFS Cloud  IFS Aurena 2xRx (Year plus release 1 or 2) e.g. 22R2 (2022, Release 2)

You will find information about the user interface in the documentation, linked your application or docs.ifs.com. The difference are quite large as one is a .NET client and one is a web client (Aurena). You can check some of the difference here on the Community, like in this thread

I’d always recommend trying to be on the latest release of course, but I am well aware that it’s no small feat and that it requires a lot of work to make big jumps. It should be better once you are on IFS Cloud, which has a shorter release cycle and with smaller releases. I’d say that the products are at least on par (Comparing Apps 10 IEE and Cloud), but where IFS Cloud has had a lot more innovation included and is the version of the software that we continuously investment in i.e. the gap will keep getting bigger.  I’d reach out to your account manager to discuss an upgrade path. 

I hope that clears some of this up. 

I really appreciate your respond. I don’t have access to that link you have mentioned. I have sent an email to community manager to get access.

We are using IFS 10 (Application and Aurena). because we heared that the Application version is going to be expired in 2 years we want to use Aurena. However we don’t know about the appropriate migration methodology and we don’t know whether their database is same or not. We did some customizations like adding fields, changing some processes & this kind of things. I want to know if we can added this customizations to the Aurena?

Userlevel 7

I really appreciate your respond. I don’t have access to that link you have mentioned. I have sent an email to community manager to get access.

We are using IFS 10 (Application and Aurena). because we heared that the Application version is going to be expired in 2 years we want to use Aurena. However we don’t know about the appropriate migration methodology and we don’t know whether their database is same or not. We did some customizations like adding fields, changing some processes & this kind of things. I want to know if we can added this customizations to the Aurena?

They should get back to you shortly then. Let me know otherwise.

The database is the same if you remain on 10, however the user interface is different. This means that you would have to configure Aurena to expose your custom fields, setup new saved searches, modify user profiles to create entries for Aurena related pages etc. Fields can be added through the Page Designer. 

You can read more about it here

If you have customizations/modifications, you will have to look at them and decide how to handle them, case by case. I would really recommend reaching out to your account manager or similar to arrange a training session, and allow them to share more information about a suitable transition path to IFS Cloud. 

Thank you anmise. Your answers are very useful and practical.