Question

IFS 10 Middleware Cluster

• 6 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m working though a middleware clustering proof of concept in a development environment using IFS 10. I’m following the instructions here: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/020_installing_fresh_system/040_installing_ifs_applications/030_deploy_middle_tier/hidden_itd/200_configure_cluster_nodes.htm?nobanner=true

I’m down to step 5 under the heading Extending the Cluster. When I run ./cluster.sh in the folder <ifs_home>/instance/<instance>/bin I enter create, y, and the password. The script runs for a moment and then says: Warning: Could not find file <ifs_home>/ifsdoc/doc_node.conf to copy.

Which is entirely reasonable since the cluster.zip file doesn’t include an ifsdoc folder when I extracted it into the <ifs_home> directory. Has anyone else successfully clustered IFS 10 middleware and have any insight into what I’m doing wrong?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ChaGenegP ,

Which UPD version of Apps10 are you running? You are correct on the fact that the documentation folder not being part of the cluster package so most likely this would not have any impact. Alternatively, you can simply zip the docs folder from the primary and copy it over to the slave and extract before you build the cluster on the slave.

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We are running UPD 8013 of Apps 10.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I put this aside for a while and I’m back to looking at it. I created the folder ifsdoc in <ifs_home> and made an empty file named doc_node.conf in the folder. That allowed the script <ifs_home>/instance/<instance>/bin/cluster.sh to get past the error: Warning: Could not find file <ifs_home>/ifsdoc/doc_node.conf to copy.

So now the cluster.sh script runs longer and I hit this error: 

2023-07-18 08:32:13 [INFO   ] <Jul 18, 2023 8:32:13 AM CDT> <Warning> <Security> <BEA-090504> <Certificate chain received from <hostname>.<domain> - 10.22.183.200 failed hostname verification check. Certificate contained *.<domain> but check expected <hostname>.<domain>

2023-07-18 08:32:14 [INFO   ] Exception when running method addMachine

2023-07-18 08:32:14 [INFO   ] Call to addMachine was not successful.

Any thoughts on how to get the script to run to completion?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I changed the hostname so that it now ends in .<domain> which got past the previous error. Now when I run cluster.sh on a worker node it gets down to:

[Wed Jul 19 09:02:27 CDT 2023] - INFO   : <Jul 19, 2023 9:02:27 AM CDT> <Info> <Security> <BEA-090909> <Using the configured custom SSL Hostname Verifier implementation: weblogic.security.utils.SSLWLSHostnameVerifier$NullHostnameVerifier.>

[Wed Jul 19 10:00:02 CDT 2023] - SEVERE : Operation takes too long time

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

at ifs.application.installer.util.main.MainBase.run(MainBase.java:154)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

I suspect the timeout has to do with the asterisk in the certificate *.<domain>. Is there a way past this error?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@ChaGenegP  Hope issue have been resolved by now.

“Could not find file <ifs_home>/ifsdoc/doc_node.conf” usually occur when you running a cluster.cmd after a failed attempt of previous cluster installation. After a failed attempt, please delete all the files inside the cluster ifs home then unzip cluster.zip freshly.

At the first failed attempt, verify C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\ContentsXML has been created or there is already instance record saved. If already exist, remove the record and try with fresh cluster.zip unzip again.

Regarding “Call to addMachine was not successful.” issue, verify node manager services in the main node is running and you can connect with telnet.
CMD> telnet <main_node_host> <nodemanager_port> 

/Binu