Solved

Date Format change in relation with the Language.

• 24 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Is there a way to change the date format along with the laguage changes?

For example, a French customer has requested that the English date format MM/DD to be changed to DD/MM when selecting the language to “French” as well. 

The date format at the bottom of the graph is in English date format even though the client is running Windows client in French and the user have French language selected. For example, the first need to be “13/07-30/07” and not “07/13-07-30”.

icon

Best answer by Tharindu Fernando 24 August 2021, 11:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Dasuni,

You can try below steps in Aurena.

Date format in Aurena is coming according to the browsers language (default locale for that language). Different browsers have different ways to set the language. by default its regional setting language. 

For example please refer Change Chrome languages & translate web pages for Chrome.

Further, you may try below steps and see whether it works in windows client as well.

Change time formats of the Region settings of the machine. Certain settings consider format MM/DD/YYYY and other consider DD/MM/YYYY.

Best Regards;

Tharindu Fernando

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You don’t specify which IFS client you are running so here’s the Enterprise Explorer option.

1. Use the Localisation settings to affect the output formats for dates. This generally works on reports only as far as I can tell. The client matches the EE language code with these. (remember that in oracle/ifs ‘en’ is American English i.e. dates the wrong way around!  gb is in  ‘proper’ English format. :grin:)
  2.  EE will also use the windows client settings for displaying data/time etc. so check those settings too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks @Tharindu Fernando , @KIMKIMANDREW 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

In case of English, it can be tricky.

Time registration, click on Select Date:

unwanted MM/DD/YYYY

My Chrome settings were like this, so I mistakenly thought I am using UK locale, since US language (locale) was second on this list:

Actually the very top language is not linked to any locale I believe, unless by default to US, or, since no locale associated, then second language perhaps (here US) 

So after adding to the very top, English UK:

I can see a change in Aurena:

wanted DD/MM/YYYY

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks @KIMKIMANDREW and @Alex