Solved

Can't compile invalid objects after going from UDP 7 to UDP 19

• 4 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

In a DEV enviroment, we just did a test upgrade from APPS10 UDP 7 to APPS10 UDP 19 and after the update, when I checked for invalid objects, there were two. However, I can’t get them to recompile. I’ve try doing it with the RMB option in IFS as well as directly on the DB. Still, I am getting the error 565 PLS-00201: identifier 'COMPONENT_TRVALL_SYS.INSTALLED' must be declared
564 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
565 PLS-00174: a static boolean expression must be used

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 8 March 2024, 04:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

hi @tilex05,

Did you get any deployment errors during the actual UPD application? I would also take a look at the installed components page to make sure that all the components are actually in the new UPD level and nothing has been missed.  

Looking at the name of the invalid packages it appears as if they are customizations rather than core packages so you might need to check the logic

Cheers​​​​​​​

Badge +1

Hi @Sajith D,

I did get an issue during the UDP application. At some point during the upgrade, I got an error message saying that a specific database object could not be compiled with a prompt offering to try to recompile it. When I clicked to recompile, it seems to have gone through since I did not get the error again.

Furthermore, when I looked at the the invalid objects today, there were many more than the moment I made the post on the community forum. There were dozen of objects. I was able to recompile them except for the two MTK objects as shown in my original screenshot.

So I wonder if it is a usual behaviour for objects to get invalidated and need to be recompiled? I’m not a DBA and we do not have any at our company. Thus my questioning

Lastly, attached, a CSV file with all the components that are installed.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @tilex05 ,

Seeing objects that get invalidated after a some sort of deployment is not unusual. It’s hard to say why you would see some all of a sudden without any change in the system without looking at the actual error before compiling.

Since the issues that you have are specific to a custom component that is not a core component, you would need to look at the code in the package that is going to error to start with. Looking at the component registration you attached, all the other components seems to have been updated correctly. 

cheers

Badge +1

Hi All,

Does anyone have any kind of installation guide , how to apply UPD in IFS 10?
I will be doing UPD for the first time, so it would be great to have some installation guide (where steps are mentioned what to do)

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @SaaAvinak,

If you are referring to deploying an update, you do it in exactly the same manner as you would deploy any other delivery. General instructions on the delivery process can be found in https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/030_patching_system/020_deploying_delivery/default.htm

It’s very important that you take a full backup of both the database and ifs_home before deploying an UPD delivery.  These in nature are large and includes Oracle Web Logic patches so you need to make sure there is at least 25GB or so free space in the drive where ifs_home is located and not stressed for CPU/Memory during the deployment.

Cheers