We are running Apps10 UPD6
Our training environment is not running background jobs in multiple queues. Looking for ideas on how to fix this issue.
- Our default queue and other queues we setup for specific tasks do not seem to be running
- We have a backlog of jobs in status = Posted
- In these queue - the most recent jobs in status = Ready is several days (if not weeks) old
- Tried setting the queue to Inactive - then Active - no change
- Tried using the RMB Init Queue option - no change
- Tried restarting the environment - no change
- Tried deleting oldest job in Posted status - no change.
Best answer by william.klotz
Make sure you do not have any background jobs executing from default queue. You want to make sure nothing is blocking the rest of your background jobs. You also want to make sure the parameter JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES is set to a value greater than zero. We use 10 for our Development and Test environments. If the JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES parameter is set to zero background jobs will not execute and you’ll see everything sitting there waiting to be executed. We ran into this during one of our IFS 8 to IFS 10 upgrade test runs where we forgot to set the JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES to 10 and the symptom was no executing background jobs. Below is a screenshot from our development environment. You’ll need your Oracle DBA to check the parameter and change it if necessary.