Skip to main content

Hello 

Is there anyone who has experience with solving this EU regulation within IFS. Especially with connection between IFS and TRACES EU system. 

TRACES - https://food.ec.europa.eu/horizontal-topics/traces_en

Thank you very much for any help 

Hi Jaroslv,

Thank you for the question, this is a general topic of interest.
Could you please elaborate more on the requirement/integration scenario with TRACES? What is the specific information that you want to pass to TRACES from IFS Cloud?

Generally I mean if I can transfer data let's say from suppliers to IFS and from IFS to TRACES system? This question is from one of our customers. And question was, if there is generally some support form IFS about this new legislation?

Main point is that I would expected some kind of support from IFS about this new legislation. Or should I look at it like, if there is no news from IFS about this legislation, than it has nothing to do with IFS?

When buying specific commodities, or products that contain these commodities, you must handle a specific reference number connected to the commodity.

Affected commodities can be found in Annex 1, in this link, https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32023R1115

There is a need to register this additional EU DR reference number when receiving goods. This reference number need to follow the material through the whole production process and be communicated to the customer when the produced goods leave the factory. Any product that contains part of the material, that have a reference number, must inherit the reference number.

When you deliver any product, that contains such a reference number, this must be reported to EU - probably through the TRACES system.

Each batch of material you recieve, can contain one or multiple reference numbers. Each product you buy can contain one or multiple reference number. And thus any product you sell, can contain one or multiple reference number. This is in addition to any possible batch number connected to the raw material.

These reference number probably need to be printed on delivery notes or packing lists and customer invoice.

Is IFS aware of this new EU regulation that is valid from January 1 2025?

Hello, this regulation is a topic in our company aswell so we are asking the same question.

BR Johan