Question

Developper Studio installation frozen

• 10 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hello everyone, I downloaded developer studio 23.2 from ifs developer portal : IFS Developer Portal

I end up with this file : SetupDeveloperStudio_23.2-64bit.exe

I execute the file, it’s configuring the application (short loading screen). On the next step, it froze. There is 4 options at the bottom of the screen of the application, but no text appearing and the commands are not working.

I waited for very long, nothing happened. Had to quit from task manager. Then I deleted the folder .developerstudioparent-installer, redownloaded the same version : still freezing.

Any help would be appreciated : My windows is in 64 bits with this parameters :

Version 22H2, Build 22621.2428, Professionnal version

Regards

6 replies

Badge +3

Hi @Romain_SNP ,

If the tool is currently open, please close it before proceeding. Erase the contents of the "User Directory." Find the directory at "C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming\DeveloperStudio\23.2" and delete all files inside the "23.2" folder.

Obtain a new installer from the Developer Portal and proceed to reinstall the tool. The tool should now install without encountering any issues.

Thanks,

Vageesan

Badge +3

Hello @Vageesan,

I forgot to mention there is no DeveloperStudio folder in the C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming.

So i’m out of idea about what to do now.

Thanks

Badge +3

Hi @Romain_SNP  

First, Restart your machine. If you have given any new path for tool installation, please try out with the default path which will map it to the C: drive and then follow the same steps to see if it works. Also, check if the version of the tool is compatible with your machine. Because, The current version will only work with IFS Applications 10 or later. 

If any of these steps doesn’t work, please try to install the previous version (21.82) of the developer studio tool and follow the installation steps. It must work

Download from : IFS Developer Portal

Thanks,

Vageesan

Badge +3

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I downloaded and installed the 21.82, it works. Other configuration with the 23.2 still not working however.

Badge +3

Hello, everyone,

Unfortunately as today it is not resolved. I was thinking about a java env path problem, but everything is correctly installed

I managed to get it on another computer on Windows 10 and 11.

Redownloading java, jdk or ifs studio developer 23 doesn’t fix it.

The installation end up correctly, and then : 

I am forced to close it via task manager.

Any new advice ? Regards

Badge +3

Little update : reinstalling the entire java and jdk + ifs developer studio even in latest version (18) still not work. I’m out of idea.