Solved

What is Discount Type per Site?

• 5 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If one uses a site, a field in Sales is the Discount Type:

Anyone an idea what the functionality is behind this field?

We are using IFS23R2.

I understand that the discount types can be found in Customer Order > Lines > Line Details > Order Line Discount.

Question is: where do we find the Discount Type as set at Site level back in functionality?

icon

Best answer by dewauk 5 February 2024, 14:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@eqbstal I’m also interested in knowing this.

I was thinking this might be related to Customer / Sales / Discounts, but the Sales page of the customer is global and not company/site specific, so I would also be interested to know what would be the impact when the discount type is different at Customer level compared to Site level.

I did the following test:

• scenario 1
    • setup Discount type at site - G - 10%
    • setup discount type at customer - M - 20%
    • CO Line took the customer discount M - 20%
  • scenario 2
    • removed discount type at customer level
    • discount type at site - G - 10%
    • CO line - has no discount.

At this point I’ve no clue what the data from Site level is supposed to do.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

“Help pages” indicate

Use this activity to enter the default order discount method for customer orders entered at this site

As a result of this activity:

• The customer's default discount method for this site is defined for this site

It’s likely part of the discount Heirarchy which is something like …

is there a site discount?  If not is there a Customer Discount? If not, is there a Customer Agreement? If not is there a Price list? 

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

The ‘Discount Type’ setting on the site level for is actually not used in the automatic discount retrieval, it is only used as a ‘default’ when applying manual discounts to a Customer Order line.  

There are two ways to enter a discount manually to a Customer Order Line, option 1 the user will save the line and then select the line and chose the Order Line Discount option to add/update a manual discount, selecting a Discount type applicable to the type of discount you are applying. Option 2 allows the user to simply put a value in the Discount  (%) field on the customer order line when adding the order line details. On saving of the customer order line the system then uses the default Discount type from site setting to create the Discount line associated.

SO my Site setting has ‘G’ as the default setting, when I look at the BD for this note there is no value in the discount %

When I enter a value in the Discount (%) field on my Customer Order line, on saving of the line it uses this default setting at the site to create the discount line associated with the Customer Order Line.

Hope that makes sense.

Kind regards

Deb