Question

Wanted date Purchase Requisition

• 12 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hello All,

does anyone know how the wanted date in the purchase requisition is calculated? At least the elements manufacturing leadtime and the transport leadtime from the Supply Chain Matrix are included. But if I add them for an item I do not get the mentioned 3-9-2024?

5 replies

Badge +2

Does that happen to be the date of the requirement (or offset from that)? If so, I think you are running into an IFS design choice like this other post discusses: Purchase Requisitions / Shop order Requisitions in the past - clean up? | IFS Community

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @koenders,

The date on which the supplier has agreed to deliver the parts to the specified delivery address (i.e., to the delivery address of the line). This date will be printed on documents and will be sent to the supplier. It can be a non-working day. Usually it is derived from the planned arrival date. The formula for calculating the wanted delivery date is as follows:  

Wanted Delivery Date= (Planned Arrival Date - Transport Lead Time).

You can change this date manually, e.g., when you want to coordinate several deliveries from the same supplier. Any changes are logged in the purchase order line history.

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake

Badge +6

Thank both for you time and efforts in this.

@Nikila Dis, I think you are looking at the purchase order? If not then we might misunderstand each other. My problem in the purchase requisition is that the wanted receipt date is given as soon as I enter the item, so it must be based on the supplier manufacturing leadtime and the transport leadtime from the Supply Chain Matrix. I assume it is current date + supplier manufacturing leadtime + transport leadtime. But then still in this case I do not get to that date, so I am wondering about the calculation method.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

How far off the expected date do you see?  Is there a Picking Leadtime against the site or Inspection time on the part?

Badge +6

I have solved the mismatch… I found out that a calendar was added to that supplier while to others it was not. So removing it solved it!  thanks all for your time