Skip to main content
Question

Supplier material for inter-site orders.

• 2 July 2024
  • 9 replies

This is about the supplier material for inter-site orders.

Create a PO for part A from site A to site B.
Part A has a supplier material B.
If I make a shipment of Supplier items on the ‘Ship Supplier Material’ screen, how can I receive the supplier material at site B?

It was not possible to do this on screen ‘Receive from Transit’.

The supply method is Supplier material, not customer orders.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

HI @ERSA ,

Supplier material is a simple way to reserve, pick, and ship the material. This function can be used, for example, when handling outside operations in IFS Manufacturing. It is only possible to use this method for Demand Codes Invent Order, Cust Ord Trans, Int Demand and DOP, in the purchase order line. So, as you observed intersite flow is not supported.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Piyal Perera 

Thanks for the reply.
I understand that this is a feature that is not supported inter-sites.
Is there any mention of it in any of the documentation that I could explain to my customers?

Thank You,

Eri

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ERSA ,

Yes. Please refer About documentation related to ‘Charge/No Charge in Outsourcing’

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Piyal Perera 

We checked the purchase orders tested in this case and found that the demand codes were ’Invent Order’.
From a demand code standpoint, I believe that the supplier material is a support target.

Thank You,

Eri

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ERSA 

I think you created the PO for internal supplier. That is why it is shown as Inventory Order. Even that, I do think you will end up with error message when we try to ship the quantity. Because, supplier material functionality not cater for intransit movement and it is a basic functionality that can handle stock movement for external suppliers.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Piyal Perera 

When I tried, no error message was displayed.
If I want to supply materials with inter site PO, what is the best function to use?

Kind Regards,

Eri

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ERSA 

I used purchase component method = customer order for this. Data setup as and when required. Internal supplier used. Created two COs - demand code for CO is Purch Order and Int Purch Trans.

Eventually I received the PO. :)

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Piyal Perera 

Create a PO for part A from location A to location B.
Two COs are created from site A.
Will a PO be automatically created from the CO for the supplied goods to site B?

Could you please send me a screenshot of your supply chain order analysis window 

Thank You!

Eri

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

All problems have been resolved.
Thank you very much for your kind support!!

Kind Regard,

Eri