Solved

Supplier Evaluation

Badge +1

Hi,

Is there any mechanism to keep record of supplier evaluations?

There is a field in Supplier/SRM Info that can store supplier rating, but is there any rating mechanism like a weighted factor to input the scores for each criteria of supplier evaluation?

Is supplier audit a suitable tool for this? It keeps record of standards and business areas being audited and does not seem to be suitable for a long checklist. But even if so, is there any way to record the result of the evaluation for each area as a score so that a total score can be generated as supplier rating?

Thanks in advance,

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 11 July 2022, 20:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @ilkay 

My colleagues developed something similar to evaluate supplier performance through the use of Business Reporter in IFS 10. Simply they used measurable criteria like Supplier Reliability [Promised delivery date vs Actual Delivery Date] that can be generated by just running the statistics on the supplier, to come up with a scorecard on excel. i.e. a weight is assigned depending on a delivery was on time, past due or early. Periodically the supplier can be ranked depending on the deliveries made. 

What I noticed is, IFS doesn't provide a standard supplier evaluation mechanism, hence we have to come up with out of the box solutions like these. 

Read Supply Chain Delivery Performance here: 
Supply Chain delivery performance | IFS Community

Also when you move to a higher IFS version, perhaps you could utilize something like the ‘Spend Analysis’ to assign importance to each supplier: 
Procurement Planning in IFS | IFS Community

With regards to Supplier Audit, we haven’t really tried that, hence won’t be able to comment. But I’d like to learn if that’s an option as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Asela Munasinghe Many Thanks.