Solved

Sales price based on costing in other site

• 6 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I want to to base my sales price in site A based on the costing parameters in site B. How can i do that?

My sales part is in site A, i was searching to set my base price in site B but that doesn’t work. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by FNSMITHUN 6 July 2023, 23:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @First Employee ,

Can you try the following

1. Set the cost template as 150 for cost set 2 in the site A for the part
  2. Define the multi site costing rule for the demand site. You can use default cost type as Use same Cost Set as demand site
  3. Now when you run cost calculation for the site A, the cost will be fetched from the site B
  4. Then copy the cost from cost set 2 to cost set 1. Now the inventory cost of the part is site A will be same as in site B. Any changes to cost of site B part will be automatically update in the site A when run the next cost calculation.
  5. Define sales part base price where you choose option origin from costing & use cost set 1.

Now your base prices in site A are based on the inventory values of Site B . If there are any changes to inventory value of part in site B, then it will be pushed to site A and subsequently base price will be updated when update base price is performed.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

thanks! very helpfull!

How can i define for my part in site A that the costing needs to be fetched from site B?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @First Employee ,

As mentioned in my previous post you need to do the following setup for the part in site A

1. Set the inventory valuation method as Standard Cost and cost level as cost per part 
  2. Define supplier for purchase part information where supplier will be internal supplier of site B and check multi site planned part check box
  3. Go part cost screen search for cost set 2 and change the cost template to 150
  4. define multi-site costing rule in costing basic data screen. Use default cost type as Use same Cost Set as demand site if site B parts have standard cost if not choose Use inventory value
  5. now perform calculate all level cost for part in the cost set 2 ( this will retrieve the cost from Site B)
  6. perform copy cost to cost set 1 ( this will update the inventory value of the part in site A same a site B)
  7. Define sales part basic data and check origin from costing and use cost set 1. Add the offset percentage or offset value to determined your sales base price based on the cost

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Awesome, thank you!