Question

Sales Inventory Part packed into multiple packages

• 17 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,
I have an instance where a configured part is being manufactured, but needs to be packed into several packages.  For instance, it may be an office chair that is configured, but when manufactured and shipped, it is despatched as 3 packages (the seat, the base & the arms).  Does anyone have any ideas how this may be achieved?  I can’t use package part because the part is configured.

My initial thought is to have a complimentary sales part of “Add-Pack” and enter the additional packages required, but would welcome any other thoughts/suggestions!

Using IFS Cloud 22R2

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @CedJuliaH ,

Just an idea, as per your example office chair is a single configured part and which will be dispatched in the 3 sperate packages. So, try to connect the package instruction document ( This clearly instruct how the part need to be packed) to a sales part and use object connection transformation to automatically flow this document to customer order line & shipment lines. Also, enable Approve before Delivery  for the shipment type, such that someone need to approve the shipment confirming that it is packed according to attached package instruction.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +1

in the Packing Instruction, I can’t add 3 separate packages as the Packing Instruction automatically assigns a “parent”, if you don’t connect a sub-handling unit.  This then looks as if one is packed inside the other which isn’t the case, I would have 3 individual packages?

So in the case of the chair, this packing instruction would look like:

• BOX
    • LEG PACK
    • FITTINGS

I need it to be:

• BOX
  • LEG PACK
  • FITTINGS
Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @CedJuliaH ,

I mean the document which has the packing instruction not actually the packing instruction functionality in IFS.  IFS packing instruction is used to pack a single part but here you need to pack a single part into 3 different package hence cant be used. We could have tried packing proposal if you had different part no for chair, base & arms.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Novacura_jst is this the kind of requirement that is resolved with the ‘shipment relevant parts’ concept?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We have the same challenge at a customer, so any input would be appreciated! Our idea now is to create a modification to resolve this matter.