Question

Safety Lead Time

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

How does MRP consider safety lead time? I have input a safety lead time and am using planning method A for a top level manufactured part. When I create a customer order for this part, I do not see the safety lead time being considered in the start date, finish date, or need date of the shop order. I also do not see the safety lead time be considered for any shop order requisitions for any of the component parts. See detailed example below:

Part A - safety lead time is 5, part planning method A

Customer Order created for 800 pieces with wanted delivery date of 01/10/2024, and picking lead time of 1 and external transport lead time of 2, so planned due date is 01/07/2024.

Shop Order Requisition is generated for this top-level part with need date of 01/07/2024 and start and finish dates of 01/06/2024. Why doesn’t the shop order requisition have a start and finish dates of 01/02/2024?

Shop Order Requisition is generated for a component part with need date of 01/06/2024 and start and finish dates of 01/05/2024.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Just some basic questions to get some more information.

1. Is this customer order for 800 the only demand in the system for Part A? What does the IPAP look like for Part A?
  2. What do the MRP Action Proposals look like for Part A?
Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Carla,

Can you also please check the MRP part information for your top part and check if Safety Lead Time has really be loaded into MRP. There is a field “Safety Lead Time” in this screen/page. MRP makes a snapshot of the planing data at the time MRP starts up.

MRP should really identify the net requirment date of: 01/07/2024

and then it should back of with 5 manufacturing calendar days (since it is a manufactured part) and this new date should be the due date for the Shop Order Req.

We should be able to sort out this.

Cheers,

Mats