Solved

RMA Process for Internal Purchase Direct Order

• 29 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

What is the correct process to follow when returning goods to demand site where internal direct delivery is made from supply site in same company.

Example Site 1 takes external customer order and delivered through Site 2 with Int Purch Direct Supply code. Now the goods need to be returned to Site 1.

The reason for asking the process is, if I try to create RMA on External Customer Order and try to return to demand site (Site 1), I get a cost bucket error.

I found below process when goods retuning to Supply site..

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 3 July 2023, 15:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @GayanD Yes, the process described above is the Correct process (Actually, there can be multiple ‘Correct’ processes depends on the context/nature of the return you wish to perform) and it should work without any error. Anyway, can you let us know what exact Cost bucket error you are getting, and your current UPD level, then we should be able to help you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

We get this error when returning to Demand Site (Site 1).

If we return to Supply Site (Site 2), it works without any error.

Thanks

Gayan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @GayanD When you say returning to Demand Site (Site 1), I think you referring to a Return that was done on a RMA without entering a Return to Supplier, etc...

I can’t say exactly what is missing without looking at your data setup, but I think the error somehow relates to Cost Buckets used with original Delivery transaction and the new Return transaction that systems is trying to create at Demand end. Anyway, the error does not means that It is necessary for each site to have exactly matching cost buckets and elements, but to allow that return, at least a Cross references between cost buckets at different sites has to be there (It can be created in the Cost Bucket Cross Reference window. Navigator Path: Engineering\Costing\Basic Data\Cost Bucket Cross Reference). Can you please create a Cost Bucket Cross Reference record for those two sites and give it a try?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

We have same cost bucket in all sites.

I tried Engineering\Costing\Basic Data\Cost Bucket Cross Reference definition and still I get same error. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @GayanD Thanks for the clarification. In that case, I think this is something we should dial in to your system and investigate further (I couldn’t find this exact error in our knowledge base, so it may be that there is a customization in the system you are testing this with, etc..). 

Do you think you could log this as a Support Case by any chance? If yes, one of the IFS Support Personal can log in to your system and investigate this further for you to advise you on how to resolve the immediate error, etc..

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks Kanishka. We will report to Support