Question

Putaway Not Functioning

• 25 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I have an interesting issue Im hoping somebody can help me out with. We are currently using Putaway Zones when our unit finishes out of the last work center. We currently have the work center set with an Outbound location and the Perform Putaway Check Box selected. We have set out Putaway Zone Rankings so that all of the units have the following operative values in the Putaway Zones

We do have varying sized units as well and those are set appropriately.

What is happening is I have two units, both the same size, both set exactly the same way, but one will have the putaway performed and the other wont. Im not sure what Im missing but everything appears to be set up correctly and identically between the two units.

Any help would be appreciated just to point in the right direction.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Can I know if there is any Capacity/Condition Requirements (min allowed temp etc.) and Capability requirements defined for your parts? Or are you not using them?

Thanks

Badge +2

We do not have any capability requirements. We do have some dimension requirements. Our units come in 6 different sizes, but there can be multiple parts with the same size. (i.e. a 774-01 has the same size requirements as a 774-02, but a 773-01 is different from a 774-01).

I have two units in the 774 family that have the same size but some put away and others dont.

Here are the dimension requirements for reference:

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Do you have multiple locations in the FG storage zone?

Are they allowing mix of part numbers at the lowest warehouse level?

(my lowest level is BIN and I am allowing mix of part Nos)

Badge +2

This is how we have our FG storage zone set up

We have multiple rows in Bay FG but all of them allow mix of part numbers

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I would then look at what is already in stock in those locations, and to see if parts of 774  that does not automatically put away are there at all. If they are not there, I will try to manually trigger a put away for those parts to see that works.

If putway is not working, I will check if parts have batch tracking, conditions etc if any of the Receipt Controls are activated at the warehouse bin level. These might be stopping the putaway.

I will also check if the production order is packing in to handling units, instead of using individual item receipts.

Asanka

Badge +2

So when they are not there I can manually trigger the putaway and it works with no problem. And they do get moved into stock in the FG location with no issues then. These units are packaged into handling units automatically one the shop order is completed for them

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Ahogg42 ,

Apart from the above things mention from @AsankaGaru , could you please check your handling unit capacity is within the storage capacity of the location (handling unit dimensions will have precedence over part dimensions, if specified)

Also check whether you have mentioned any handling unit capacity (bin capacity) against the location this is the maximum number of top-level handling units, that is allowed on a location for a certain handling unit type

Then the below as well

1. Check if receipts to occupied blocked is set for the location 
  2. Check if mix of parts is blocked in the location
  3. Check if mix of condition codes is blocked in the location 
  4. Check if mix of lot batch (per part) numbers is blocked in the location

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +2

The handling unit Dimensions are within the storage capacity. The weird thing is that all of my units have the same handling unit, regardless of the part dimensions. But only two very specific part numbers do not automatically put away. Every other part number has putaway happen after the shop order closes no problem. But these two parts I always have to manually trigger through the right click but they do allow putaway that way.

I verified that none of the blocks you mentioned are selected for our putaway location.