Putaway creating Transport Tasks which cannot be executed - Cloud

• 27 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 7 replies

Good afternoon;

I am experiencing an issue whereby Perform Putaway is creating Transport Tasks which cannot be executed.  

We have defined a multi-zone putaway for part number A:

Ranking 1 = storage zone of a single bin location to store loose quantities of part number A ( not on a handling unit ).  Dims and volume capacity have been specified for the bin and Inventory Part Storage Requirements have been defined for part number A

Ranking 2 = a storage zone made up of several bin locations, with handling unit capacity set to 1.

When I execute Perform Putaway on a quantity of part number A (unattached to a handling unit), I receive a Transport Task with a To Location No as defined in the storage zone for ranking 1.  This is performing as expected.  

However, if I execute Perform Putaway  on multiple handling units of part number A, I again receive a Transport Task with a To Location No as defined in the storage zone for ranking 1.  This would not be expected, as the bin location does not have the required capacity for the quantity attached to a single handling unit of part number A, let alone several.   

When attempting to execute the transport task, an error message occurs: ” Location XXXX on site XXX does not fulfill the Bin Height Requirement for handling unit XXX”.  Which is correct, it does not.  

It is my understanding the putaway logic should have recognized the capacity limitation and generated a transport task(s) with bin location(s) from the storage zone in ranking 2, which has sufficient empty bin locations to accommodate the handling units.  

Has anyone else experienced this in Cloud?  I am seeing this is 22.1.8.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

We are testing and are experiencing exactely the same issue. We are on IFS10 upd14.

When doing manual move inventory part system will not allow the move. When putaway function is used the transport task is create but cannot be executed since no capacity.

Does anybody know how this should work, are we missing some parameter ?

/Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

hi @atvanst,

Since we don’t have enough information about the exact test case, unable to explain the exact reason here. But, I can explain possible reasons for this.

The Putaway command started from “Inventory Parts In Stock” does not bother about keeping the handling unit intact in any way. When you run the Putaway from “Handling Units in Stock" the Handling Unit is never split or just a fraction of the content is moved to another location. But in the case of Putaway from “Inventory Parts In Stock” then anything can happen, the handling unit content can be split and moved to several different locations, or the Handling Unit can stay at the original location but with reduced quantity since some quantity might have fitted into a higher ranked location. This can depend on several things, like weight or volume restrictions on the destination locations. Also please note that when running Putaway from Inventory Parts In Stock, then we do not consider the weight, volume, or measures of the Handling Unit at all, we consider the weight, volume, and dimensions of the parts themselves. So even if a stock record is connected to an HU, the logic ignores it.

regards,

Piyal