Solved

Purchase Order Not Being Automatically Created

• 30 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello,

We’ve changed some of our parts to be Primary Supplier Transit on their Sales Part Record. We have Customer Orders currently in the Planned state that contain these parts. I had assumed that if I change the Supply Code of these parts on the Customer Order to be Purch Order Trans, that their PO’s would be automatically created when the job was released. I’m finding that this is not the case. Automatic PO creation was working in our TEST environment if I created a new Customer Order with the changed parts on them and then released the Customer Order. The automatic PO creation just doesn’t seem to be working on Customer Orders that were already created before the parts’ Sales Part sourcing option was changed. Anybody have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by KevinLach 18 May 2023, 17:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi 

If you have just changed the sourcing option on the sales part it won’t have changed it on existing CO’s you will have to go to said CO Lines and change the sourcing option.

The standard functionality creates a Purchase Requisition rather than a PO on CO Release. You should be able to see connected items using the Supply Chain Order Analysis screen.

Regards

Lee

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you WyrLeeLeW!

I will use this infor to do more investigation and testing and report back when I have some answers or more questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

The auto PO creation for these parts is still not working for us. I must me missing something. I have the parts set up as Primary Supplier Transit. They were added to Customer Orders and then the Customer Orders were released. Purchase Requisitions were created for the parts but no PO’s. We have other parts that are set up correctly and I’ve compared them to the recently changed parts but can’t find anything out of order. The person who successfully did this last time has left the company. Any ideas?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Solved. Had to set technical class AUTO-RELEASE PO FOR PO TRANS SUPPLIER to YES on the supplier record as shown in attached image.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@KevinLach  - The ‘Solution’ detailed, does that relate to a customisation?

There is some standard functionality to automatically process PR’s right through to a Printed PO. 

This is done with the Automatic Order Processing task and setting up Order Processing Types against the Purchase Parts. 

Cheers 

Lee

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I’m pretty sure that it must have been a customization. I’m still new to all of this but I don’t see any reference to this technical class characteristic in IFS docuementation.