Solved

Pre-posting issue on part order lines on PR

• 1 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi All,

I have enabled posting control for mandatory pre-posting in PR line which is M100 connected with Project

Then I observed that I’m able to release the PRs without a mandatory pop-up when I’m using Part Requisition lines ( This works for No part Requisition lines ).

1. Why mandatory pre-posting is not working at Part Requestion lines? 

2. Is this because M1 always takes values from posting control rather than pre-posting? 

Thank you,

Vindya.

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 1 March 2023, 21:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Pre-posting for the M100 typically does not affect “inventory” related parts.  

“If” the purchase requisition line is for a part line that is not an inventory part (for example Windex we purchase often but we don’t have on hand) the mandatory pre-posting rule applies.  

If you look at the arrival business event - you will see the M1 is not affected by pre-posting. It is affected by the project pre-posting. 

The non inventory (no part lines, and part lines that are not inventory parts) are affected by the pre-posting. 

Best regards

Badge +1

Hi, 

If anyone can help….User has mistakenly set the pre posting for an inventories parts at Purchase Requisitions. The PR has been converted to PO and PO has been received. So its kind now miss match with manual pre post vs posting rules/control for inventories parts. I cancel the arrival and try to remove the pre posting at PO but its just grey out, so do at PR. Anyone can help to remove the pre post at the PR or PO or any others way to fix this?

Currently we are using Apps 9 version