Solved

Output Types Error

• 16 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Error Message appears while saving Purchase Order Document to Output Type PURCHASE (System generated). Even on the IFS Help (Define Output Type) its described, that Document 6,45,46 is suitalble for Output Type Purchasing.

Does anyone know what is wrong with this Outpuut type PURCHASE? If you create a Output Type by yourself, I am able to add the documents without any problems.

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 31 May 2023, 15:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to supply chain. Document texts has nothing to do with IFS Document Management, strangely enough :-)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Dario Flandia 

Checking at the code it looks like it not allowed to edit or delete output type PURCHASE. Maybe for some historical or upgrade reason, I don’t know for sure. But just try and create another output type but don’t call it PURCHASE it should work better.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Checking in an IFS Applications10 environment I can see that for the IEE client this output type is hidden, while in Aurena client it is visible like for you. I would guess that is probably a bug that its visible. I can see output types ‘PURCH’ and ‘10’ that could be used instead, not sure if those are system generated or not.

I’m guessing that PURCHASE got obsolete/invalidated already in 1997 since code history suggest that, but it was not removed for historical/upgrade reasons most probably.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Dario Flandia,

One of our Customers reported the same issue via a Support ticket, so we referred this to IFS Product Development as a suspected software issue (For IFS Cloud 22R1 version). We’ll keep you updated on the progress.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kanishka Dilana 

Note that probably the only bug here is that PURCHASE is visible in the Aurena client, it should be hidden just like it was in IEE client before. Seems to me that it was missed when the client was ported from IEE to Aurena.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Dario Flandia,

I’ve discussed your issue with IFS Product Development and now with their feedback on this. Please see below response from them,

“The Purchase Output type is there a special purpose and not supposed to be edited by users, that is why the error message comes.”

In fact, it was not visible to Users in older IFS versions like APPS10 IEE, but in IFS Cloud solution, it was made visible due to some reason, hence the confusion. So, IFS Product Development (RnD) is planning to hide this again in the next version of IFS Applications, i.e. IFS Cloud 23R2 (This will not be corrected for any earlier Cloud versions, because this is not a Bug, but some enhancement type work). So, we’ll have to use an editable/user defined Output type  like PURCH to connect the Purchase Documents instead.